Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why do I think protesters should walk away?

If the purpose of the protest was to see change, then they should have celebrated the victory.
What victory? The victory is that they got heard and seen for he first time. They also got international support to ensure tha the president will not run. He appointed a vice minister for the first time. the fact that protesters standing in Tahrir square will not create jobs or solve economic problems.  A power vacuum will lead  Egypt to fall into  the hands of Muslim brotherhood.
That is my fear. Some of the chants in arabic were saying islamiah which means muslim country. First rumors to spread on the streets is that the bad guys are Mossad. I fear for the safety of Christians Egyptians . I fear a civil war. I fear an islamist Egypt.
samara

No comments:

Post a Comment