Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreams and shadows by Robin Wright, a book I recommend

Why I recommend Dreams and shadows? First, I am NOT affiliated with it. The book talks about the future of the Middle East. It was published in 2008. I knew that I had in my garage somewhere. I recalled taking notes and highlighting things I liked. I only had the memory of reading it. After two days of looking, I found it.

What a gem of a book ! Robin wright traveled accross the Middle East interviewing young activists in 2005 and 2006. She reported young suppressed voices. Six years later, she must be very proud of them.
The book does not offer the depth of analysis known in Wright's previous books. Rather than giving her views, she gave a long reportage. Re-reading this book in light of current events in the Middle East is a whole new experience.

I will share my thoughts on the different parts of the book as I re-read the chapters. It is a thought provoking book. I am also interested in any discussion  or comments readers want to start after reading the book.  The book was reprinted in paperback in 2009 and easily available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment