Sunday, November 21, 2010

The position of Jews and Christians in Koran # 1

I have heard Surah 109, verse 6 from moderate Muslims as a proof of Islam being tolerant of other religions. The verse is “For you is your religion and for me is my religion”. It is a very tolerant verse.However I am against the quotation of this verse because it is from the surah Al-Kafirun (Non-believers) and it refers to non-believers not Christians and Jews.
I believe it to be popular only because the Surah is fairly short (6 verses) and most short surah (s) are used in daily prayers. We need to continue  at all time making the distinction between non-believers and the people of the book ( Jews and Christians). It should be rather used to show that Islam advocates tolerance toward non-believers.
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment